Sun, 30 Apr|
96 Chilwell Rd
WAX CARVING WORKSHOP
Sunday April 30th, 10am-1pm Design and carve your own ring in jeweller’s wax to be cast in brass (or silver at an extra cost).
Time & Location
30 Apr 2023, 10:00 – 13:00
96 Chilwell Rd, 96 Chilwell Rd, Chilwell, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 1ES, UK
About the event
Sunday April 30th , 10am-1pm
3 hour half-day class
Ford & Guy, 96 Chilwell Road Beeston, NG9 1ES
Learn how to carve jewellers wax using files, carving tools and simple calculations to create a ring design like no other. Once the class is over, the waxes will be sent off to be cast in brass or silver (including recycled silver) using the lost wax casting process (silver is an additional cost of £10-£25 depending on ring size). Amber will then finish the ring in her workshop and post them back to the hands that carved them!
Wax carving is not just a fun way to create jewellery, it is also extremely forgiving. Due to jeweller’s wax, being a cheaper and softer material, it means if things go wrong, we can simply supply you with more wax. This makes it the perfect class for both beginners and fellow jewellers wishing to try something new, without investing in all the gear.Can I do this class?
This class is open to anyone over the age of 14. It is suitable for beginners as well as anyone who wants to refresh their knowledge of all things wax. The workshop will take place in our beautiful shop and studio space in Beeston. The shop has an accessible entrance and tables at different heights. Please let us know if you have specific accessibility requirements.What’s included?
- Teas, coffees and cakes (please let us know of any dietary requirements upon booking).
- All tools and materials to create your desired wax ring ready for casting.
- A brass casting of your design or the option to cast your design into silver for a small additional cost of £10-£25 depending on the size of your design (there is an option to cast into gold, however this costs significantly more and will be quoted upon request).
- Glasses if you require them to see up close.
- Card or cash to pay for any silver casting fees.
- Apron if you wish to wear one.